Acreage For Sale in Smithers, BC
4479 Gelley Rd$1,260,000
This seller is willing to negotiate commission with any real estate agent who brings an acceptable offer from a qualified buyer.
Beautiful 4403 sq. ft. home (5 bedrooms/4 bathrooms) plus two separate guest suites (2-bedroom + 3-bedroom), heated shop + storage area, and 5-bay carport on 5 acres with creek-access to Lake Kathlyn just 6 minutes from downtown Smithers - currently set up as a Guesthouse but could have other uses. Needs to be seen to be appreciated.
The 5-acre lot borders Kathlyn Creek which gives you access to Lake Kathlyn (a non-motorized lake) by canoe, kayak or stand-up paddle board. Approximately three acres are cleared with trees on the slope down to Kathlyn Creek. Fully fenced.
Property is in the Smithers fire protection zone. 5km to downtown Smithers. Full bars of cell service and reliable unlimited internet through Starlynx with CityWest fiberoptic internet also an option.
- Water from 12 ft shallow well fed by underground creeks, plenty of good water
- Sewage system with septic tank and lagoon
- Small garden shed
- Conventional asphalt shingle roof
- Guest patio in between the two guest suites
This stunning home built in 2000 boosts a very spacious open concept main floor with two dining areas, two living areas as well as the kitchen, a pantry, and a powder room. Great for entertaining. There is laminate flooring throughout the main floor. Relax by the natural gas fireplace in the main living room with high vaulted ceilings. The kitchen island builds the centre of the kitchen. The pantry with pocket door offers a second stove which is very useful for any occasion. Two sets of french doors lead to the wrap-around deck with amazing views of Lake Kathlyn and the mountains. The family room could easily be turned into another bedroom or office.
Walk upstairs and be greeted by vaulted ceilings and a small room that is currently used as an office. There are two very spacious bedrooms (one facing east and the other facing west). Walk-in closet with pocket door. A beautiful newly renovated (2017) 5-piece bathroom completes the upstairs. A huge walk-in shower, free-standing tub, toilet, and double vanity along with in-floor heat create a wellness oasis in your own home.
The basement houses a large recreation room. Access to the laundry room is through the rec room. The laundry room has stacked high-load washer and dryer, a shower, toilet, and laundry sink as well as the water softener. The furnace/storage room separates the extra two bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom from the rest of the main house. Those two bedrooms and the bathroom have their own outside entrance and could be ideal for older children or other family members who want their own space or the could be used for a home-based business or rented out as a guest suite (current use).
The main house is heated by a new (2019) natural gas furnace with forced air. New hot water tank (2019) as well. Concrete foundation.
Upstairs 983 sq. ft.
- Huge master suite (17' by 16'), carpet
- Large second bedroom (15' by 13'), carpet, vaulted ceilings
- Walk-in closet (9' by 6'), carpet
- Renovated (2017) 5-piece bathroom with in-floor heating (large walk-in shower, free standing tub, toilet, and two sinks), heated tile floor
- Triangle shaped small office (7' by 5') with built-in shelves, laminate flooring
Main floor 1710 sq. ft. open concept
- Large entry with built-in closet
- 2-piece powder room
- Kitchen with 5-element electric smooth top range, oven, fridge, double sink, dishwasher, lots of cabinets, kitchen island
- Pantry with pocket door, built in shelves/cabinets and an extra stove
- Dining area
- Living room with vaulted ceilings and a natural gas fireplace
- Breakfast nook
- Family room
- Wrap around deck on the north and east side, facing Lake Kathlyn
Fully finished basement 1710 sq. ft.
- Cold storage
- Spacious recreation room (or bedroom) with access to laundry room with washer, dryer, laundry sink, shower, and toilet
- Furnace/storage room, central vacuum
- Two bedrooms (12' by 12' each) that are currently used as guest suite and are accessible through the furnace/storage room and separate outside basement entrance
- 3-piece bathroom with shower, toilet, and sink
Attached Guest Suite
The guest suite - attached to the main house and built in 2000 on concrete slab - with its own entrance offers an open loft upstairs plus a bedroom on the main floor along with a small living area, kitchenette, and private bathroom. This guest suite can accommodate up to four people and is very popular with families, couples, and groups of friends.
Guest suite attached to the main house (500 sqft)
- All floors are laminate except for the bathroom
- Open loft upstairs with queen bed
- Bedroom on main floor with two single beds
- Small dining and living area
- 3-piece bathroom with tub, tiled floor
- Natural gas fireplace and electric baseboard heat
- New hot water tank in 2016
- Built on concrete slab
Second dwelling on property - built in 2006 on concrete slab - houses a 3-bedroom guest suite with full kitchen, a 5-bay carport, and a large shop with storage area upstairs and a small 3-piece bathroom. This building is on a separate hydro meter.
The fully self-contained guest suite (1350 sqft) is currently set up as a short-term rental and is popular with families and groups of friends as well as work crews. It sleeps up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms. The studio offers:
- 2 bedrooms upstairs (one with queen bed, one with two single beds)
- 1 bedroom on main floor (one single bed and one double bed), baseboard heat
- Full kitchen with full-size fridge, stove/oven and dishwasher
- 3-piece bathroom with tub, baseboard heat
- Dining area
- Living area with two couches
- WETT-inspected pellet stove
For pictures of the guest suites go to www.bulkleyvalleyguesthouse.ca
The large L-shaped heated shop (29' by 18') with concrete floor has plenty of room for all your tools. Two windows offer daylight. It is set up with a sink and access to the hot water tank and water softener for the guest suite. Industrial fan-forced heater furnace with thermostat.
A set of stairs takes you to the huge heated storage area (29' by 18') with tall built-in shelves. Industrial fan-forced heater furnace with thermostat.
Small 3-piece bathroom with shower and electric baseboard heat accessable from the carport.
5-bay carport, gravel base. Bays are 11 ft wide. Three bays are 40 ft long, two bays are 30 ft long. Built-in shelves all around the carport.
|Second Level||Bedroom - Master||
5.18m x 4.88m
(17'0" x 16'0")
4.56m x 3.96m
(15'0" x 13'0")
|Second Level||5pc Bathroom||
4.27m x 4.27m
(14'0" x 14'0")
|Second Level||Office/Computer Room||
2.13m x 1.52m
(7'0" x 5'0")
|Second Level||Walk-in Closet||
2.74m x 1.83m
(9'0" x 6'0")
2.13m x 4.56m
(7'0" x 15'0")
1.22m x 3.35m
(4'0" x 11'0")
5.18m x 3.66m
(17'0" x 12'0")
|Main Level||Living Room||
7.32m x 7.01m
(24'0" x 23'0")
|Main Level||Family Room||
4.88m x 4.56m
(16'0" x 15'0")
3.05m x 4.27m
(10'0" x 14'0")
|Main Level||Dining Room||
4.56m x 4.27m
(15'0" x 14'0")
4.88m x 8.53m
(16'0" x 27'12")
2.44m x 2.44m
(8'0" x 8'0")
3.66m x 5.79m
(12'0" x 19'0")
3.66m x 3.66m
(12'0" x 12'0")
3.66m x 3.66m
(12'0" x 12'0")
1.52m x 2.44m
(5'0" x 8'0")
Approximate Map Location*
4479 Gelley Rd, Smithers, British Columbia, Canada V0J 2N2
* Each seller is responsible for ensuring that their map location is accurate. Please contact the seller directly if you have any questions.This property for sale has been tagged by the seller as close to Burns Lake, Granisle, Hazelton, Houston, Telkwa, Terrace, British Columbia.
Location - Click to Expand
- Address: 4479 Gelley Rd
- Neighbourhood: Lake Kathlyn
- City: Smithers
- Province/State: British Columbia
- Postal/Zip Code: V0J 2N2
- Country: Canada
- Property Type: Acreage / Detached House / Home-Based Business Potential / House
- Ad Type: For Sale
- Ownership: Freehold
- Listing ID: 597013
Bathroom Types - Click to Expand
- Bathroom 1: 5pc Bathroom
- Bathroom 2: 2pc Bathroom
- Bathroom 3: 3pc Bathroom
- Bathroom 4: 3pc Bathroom
FEATURED SERVICES CANADA
Want to be featured here? Find out how.
Cove Beach Waterfront Estates
10 fully serviced parcels ready to go!An Exclusive Gated Waterfront Community learn more
H&H Custom Homes
Preferred Local Builder For Both Custom & Spec HomesSpectacular Homes. Individually Designed learn more
Crowne Pacific Development Corp
Expertise & integrity with a proven track record of award-winning design.C.R.'s 4th Generation Expert Builder! learn more
All In One Service for Selling Your Property or BusinessExperienced Real Estate Lawyers learn more
Saywell Developments Ltd
Serving Vancouver Island since 1980. Got a dream home in mind? Give us a call.Don Saywell learn more
Green Emerald Construction
We take pride in our Green Building techniques & attention to clients needsSalmon Arm & Shuswap Area since 2002 learn more
Crown Pool & Spas
We specialize in hot tub sales & service, and swimming pool installations.We Create Amazing Outdoor Living Spaces! learn more
Degagne Carpentry: North Bay's #1 - Fully Licensed - Custom Home Builder!Discover the Degagne Difference learn more
New Era Homes
A proudly owned family operated business for over 25 years!We strive to deliver the best in design learn more
Ceecees Interiors & Home Staging
Professional Home Staging to achieve lower days on market and higher equity289-275-4080 learn more