Farm For Sale in Quesnel, BC
4451 Garvin Rd$900,000
This seller is willing to negotiate commission with any real estate agent who brings an acceptable offer from a qualified buyer.
463-acre south-facing ranch, 50 minutes from Quesnel on the Quesnel River. Two homes, barn, shop, walk-in cooler and numerous outbuildings. 2600 ft of riverfront on the Quesnel River. 67 acres irrigated hay land and 100 acres improved pasture—fenced and cross-fenced. 30 hp pump plus mainline and sprinkler lines. Water rights on the Quesnel River for 160 acre/ft. Good internet and cell reception
- Unique and beautiful river valley with productive micro-climate
- Currently set-up for sheep and market vegetables but could reasonably provide for 50 cow/calf pairs
- Class e slaughter license to legally operate a small scale abbatoir
- Large productive mixed-aged forest, ideal for a managed woodlot; could supplement mixed farming or ranching
- Quiet and peaceful with very little traffic – dead-end road
- Lots of underused agricultural potential in this valley
This is one of a very few properties along the Quesnel river in an area where properties rarely come up for sale. The entire property has been under organic management for over 30 years. The primary value of this property is its diversity. Southern exposure and long summer days combine to produce optimum growing conditions on the river benches (typically two cuts of hay). The upland forest and pasture are perfectly suited for pasturing livestock while providing income from strategic woodlot management.
A beautiful tranquil setting on the breath-taking Quesnel River within easy access to the city of Quesnel. This is the ultimate property for someone with the vision and enthusiasm to develop a productive and profitable small ranch.
- Home 1: 4451 Garvin Rd – 1632 sq ft 2 story wood-frame built in 1963. 4-bedroom, one bathroom. Stucco exterior. Solid wood and wood pellet heat. Duroid and metal roof. Large open ranch-style kitchen with large attached pantry.
- Home 2: 4399 Garvin Rd – 950 sq ft with part basement for utilities. Straw bale construction covered in stucco outside, plaster inside. 2-bedroom, one bathroom. Wood and electric heat. Cedar shake roof
- Timber-frame barn with board siding, metal roof, built in 1976. 57x54 ft. Very versatile design; lots of usable space for livestock and hay storage.
- Wood-frame shop with board siding, metal roof, concrete floor, built in 1985. 40x39 ft - 12ft ceiling
- Bunkhouse 1 – log building with metal roof. Includes shower and small kitchen. 23x15 ft
- Bunkhouse 2 – Wood frame, metal roof, built over root cellar. 12x20 ft
- Bunkhouse 3 – Wood frame outbuilding on skids, with metal roof.
- 10x16 ft Packing shed – timber-frame with metal roof and partial siding. Concrete floor. 28x26 ft
- Walk-in cooler – 12x40 ft. very well built (former forestry cooler). Runs fine.
- Chicken house – wood frame, duroid roof
- 50 X 20 hoop-style greenhouse
- 2 Loafing sheds in pasture – pole buildings with metal roofs
Approximate Map Location*
4451 Garvin Rd, Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada V2J 6R1
* Each seller is responsible for ensuring that their map location is accurate. Please contact the seller directly if you have any questions.This property for sale has been tagged by the seller as close to Williams Lake, British Columbia.
Location - Click to Expand
- Address: 4451 Garvin Rd
- City: Quesnel
- Province/State: British Columbia
- Postal/Zip Code: V2J 6R1
- Country: Canada
- Property Type: Farm / Acreage / Land with Building(s) / Ranch / Waterfront Property
- Ad Type: For Sale
- Ownership: Freehold
- Listing ID: 547288
Bathroom Types - Click to Expand
- Bathroom 1: 3pc Bathroom
FEATURED SERVICES CANADA
Want to be featured here? Find out how.
Saywell Developments Ltd
Serving Vancouver Island since 1980. Got a dream home in mind? Give us a call.Don Saywell learn more
H&H Custom Homes
Preferred Local Builder For Both Custom & Spec HomesSpectacular Homes. Individually Designed learn more
All In One Service for Selling Your Property or BusinessExperienced Real Estate Lawyers learn more
Green Emerald Construction
We take pride in our Green Building techniques & attention to clients needsSalmon Arm & Shuswap Area since 2002 learn more
Crowne Pacific Development Corp
Expertise & integrity with a proven track record of award-winning design.C.R.'s 4th Generation Expert Builder! learn more
Crown Pool & Spas
We specialize in hot tub sales & service, and swimming pool installations.We Create Amazing Outdoor Living Spaces! learn more
Ceecees Interiors & Home Staging
Professional Home Staging to achieve lower days on market and higher equity289-275-4080 learn more
Degagne Carpentry: North Bay's #1 - Fully Licensed - Custom Home Builder!Discover the Degagne Difference learn more
New Era Homes
A proudly owned family operated business for over 25 years!We strive to deliver the best in design learn more