Land For Sale in Hope, BC
21437 Haig Station Road$1,049,000
This seller extends a commission to any licensed real estate agent who brings an accepted offer from a qualified buyer and completed sale: 3% on the first $100,000 and 1.013% on the balance.
They Don't Make Them like This Anymore...
Available for purchase is a rare piece of vacant waterfront land on the Fraser River high above the flood zone, featuring multiple million-$ views, a private road down to the river, and a variety of previously approved building sites.
Approximately 8 acres in size, the property is situated within city limits in the District of Hope; serviced with town water and a fire hydrant at the property line. In an upscale neighbourhood within walking distance to the downtown core, the acreage offers some rural advantages, as well, being treed and semi-cleared.
Build your dream house, and optionally a second dwelling for family if you like. Or strong subdivision potential and other development opportunities (with rezoning) such as a gated community, retirement living, restaurant with an amazing view, etc..
- It's One of a Kind - Welcome to 21437 Haig Station Road. Unique riverfront property offering amazing views of the Fraser River, surrounding mountains, and wide blue skies. Few comparables, you won't find many like it. With charming, winding driveways leading to partially cleared green spaces, the land is ready to build, develop, or hold.
- Where the Eagles Fly - If you were to build here, imagine sitting outside on your patio and gazing down at waterfoul in the back-eddy while large birds of prey soar not far from you up in the sky. Or watch anglers catch white sturgeon from fishing boats below as the train traverses the track across the water. Best to be seen to be fully appreciated.
- Private River Access - On the lower half of the property there is an old road descending down to the edge of the river. Picturesque, it is shaded by a canopy of trees with a forest of ferns growing on the shoulders. A nice place for your daily walk each morning. Or drive down with an AWD, 4x4 vehicle, or ATV and launch a small boat, kayak, or what have you.
- Upper Bench, Lower Bench; Views from Both - The subject property is divided roughly in half by Haig Station Road. The west/upper portion is elevated slighly higher than the east/lower half, and it offers commanding views far up the Fraser River, over to the mouth of the Coquihalla River, and panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The lower half offers equally impressive views, with portions looking over at the Frase River Bridge, or down onto the town of Hope and waterfront residences across the river.
- Practical and Well Situated - The property is situated on solid ground well above the river flood zones. The topography is such that the building sites are marginally higher than Haig Station road, therefor no steep driveways to contend with when it snows in the winter months. Located on the north-west side of the Fraser river, the land faces the east, catching the morning sun and enjoying good sunshine throughout the day.
- Build your Executive Home - The property is currently zoned CR-1 (Country Residential). With multiple prime building sites to choose from, you can perch your new house high up on the riverbank. Geotech survey established excellent ground stability and approval for construction near the edge. Enjoy views that will take your breath away... and your guests’ when they visit. If you choose not to develop right away, the property could very well be a good place to park your money.
- Or Homestead with Horses - A number of the neighbours keep horses, and this property would be a good home for yours as well. Largely flat and easy to fence, if you were to do some clearing the land has some harvestable timber. There's a combination of new growth and old growth firs, plus a variety of wild cherry trees, cedars, birches, maples, and dogwoods. Covered with ferns and other natural ground cover.
- A Hobby Farm with your Family - A great place to raise chickens, goats, and a family. If you have a green thumb you will appreciate the established apple trees, rhododendrons, azalias and other naturalized plants and shrubs growing in the rockwork and gardens that have outlived the old homestead. If you’ve got your survivalist hat on, it's well suited to ride out tough times: fertile soils, excellent sun and growing conditions, river fishing, and good layout for your gated and fortified estate.
- Subdivision Potential - The property has strong potential to be subdivided into five 1-acre+ parcels. (Check with the District of Hope.) The water-main crosses the bridge from downtown Hope and lands square at the doorstep, bringing ample city water to service multiple lots. Approximately 10 years ago the property was approved for a subdivision that saw three new lots plus a 3-acre remainder. (Prior to that, the previous owner received preliminary approval for a subdivision that resulted in five lots.) All requirements were satisfied including geotechnical engineering, septic perc tests and planning, waterline design, formal survey, etc..
- Commercial Possibilities - There are countless development possibilities and commercial uses for the land, as well. (Check with the District of Hope.) With 650 feet of highway frontage, it affords excellent exposure to the well travelled Trans Canada Highway. If the property were rezoned, it would be an amazing site for a variety of developments such as retirement living or extended care complex, a gated community, restaurant/resort, campground and/or RV Park, or your ideas...
Invite Friends and Family:
A great place for kids to be outdoors and have fun, or for adult fun and family reunions. The green spaces that are currently cleared are level and have paths between them... could be used as interconnected camping spots, accomodating four to five RVs, each with a view of the river. Trails and bushes, there's lots of space for kids to explore and plenty of firewood for the campfires.
Approximate Map Location*
21437 Haig Station Road, Hope, British Columbia, Canada V0X 1L3
* Each seller is responsible for ensuring that their map location is accurate. Please contact the seller directly if you have any questions.This property for sale has been tagged by the seller as close to Chilliwack, British Columbia.
Location - Click to Expand
- Address: 21437 Haig Station Road
- City: Hope
- Province/State: British Columbia
- Postal/Zip Code: V0X 1L3
- Country: Canada
- Property Type: Land / Acreage / Waterfront Property
- Ad Type: For Sale
- Listing ID: 207821
FEATURED SERVICES CANADA
Want to be featured here? Find out how.
H&H Custom Homes
Preferred Local Builder For Both Custom & Spec HomesSpectacular Homes. Individually Designed learn more
Saywell Developments Ltd
Serving Vancouver Island since 1980. Got a dream home in mind? Give us a call.Don Saywell learn more
All In One Service for Selling Your Property or BusinessExperienced Real Estate Lawyers learn more
Crowne Pacific Development Corp
Expertise & integrity with a proven track record of award-winning design.C.R.'s 4th Generation Expert Builder! learn more
Green Emerald Construction
We take pride in our Green Building techniques & attention to clients needsSalmon Arm & Shuswap Area since 2002 learn more
Cove Beach Waterfront Estates
10 fully serviced parcels ready to go!An Exclusive Gated Waterfront Community learn more
Degagne Carpentry: North Bay's #1 - Fully Licensed - Custom Home Builder!Discover the Degagne Difference learn more
New Era Homes
A proudly owned family operated business for over 25 years!We strive to deliver the best in design learn more
Ceecees Interiors & Home Staging
Professional Home Staging to achieve lower days on market and higher equity289-275-4080 learn more
Crown Pool & Spas
We specialize in hot tub sales & service, and swimming pool installations.We Create Amazing Outdoor Living Spaces! learn more