Waterfront Property For Sale in Wallace, NS
13769 Hwy 6$990,000
This gracious 1912 home is nestled on 3 acres, with 250′ shore frontage, overlooking the tidal waters of Wallace Harbour. This house was originally built by a Wallace gentleman, Robert Nelson, to woo his lady friend from PEI. He used only the finest materials – ironwood doors & frames; original hardwood floors throughout – dining room, living room, foyer, all bedrooms, hallways. The basement is fully lined with Wallace sandstone (www.wallacequarries.com); insulated and sealed.
This fabulous 3700 sq ft ocean view house is a rare find. This property situated in historic Wallace will rejuvenate your soul with its peaceful surroundings and its tranquility.
The green thumb will be busy on the grounds with flowers, shrubs, mature trees and a 50′ x 75′ chemical free vegetable ‘patch’ and 50 hops climbing perrenials.
You may explore the Wallace waterways and meet the seals, blue heron, Canada geese, marvel at the osprey, eagles above and many birds and wildlife in the area.
Several beaches are close by and our beaches boast the warmest waters north of the Carolinas. There are walking and hiking trails; the TransCanada trails for bikers, joggers and atv’ers. There are 3 renowned golf courses close by for the avid or casual golfer – all courses have water views. Jost Winery vineyard is only 9 minutes away. Wentworth Ski Hill is 18 minutes away for winter fun.
The community boasts a Fire Dept. trained in medical response, Historical Society, Museum and Community Development Association. This house is a five minute walk to the village with lobster pound, wharf, post office, gas station, convenience store and liquor store. 7 minutes to Fox Harb’r resort, 10 minutes to Northumberland golf course and 5 minutes to Wallace River golf course; all courses are alongside the water; 15 minute drive to the communities of Pugwash or Tatamagouche; 45 minutes to Amherst, 1-1/2 hours to Moncton Airport or Mt Alison University and 1 hr. 20 minutes to Halifax International Airport; 1.5 hrs to Halifax (capital city of Nova Scotia).
This 3 acre property has tremendous business possibilities and potential, with 6 bedrooms, including a 2 bedroom loft apartment, with stunning views; and room to expand +/or build waterfront units. This 1912 Victorian home has had only 4 families to call it Home. It has been run as a successful b and b with fine dining and may still be re-opened, should one choose. Most of the furniture and fixtures included are period antiques.
Features of this property are:
– 250’ shoreline frontage on Wallace Harbour
– 3 stairways and period style wallpaper enhance the historic charm of the house.
– 36 windows, including 5 large picture windows, provide abundant natural light.
– 5 private bathrooms and 1 x 2 piece toilet on the ground floor. Two bathrooms have whirlpool
– 2 bedrooms have fireplaces;
– Original ironwood doors and frames.
– Original hardwood floor throughout main floor living room, dining room, foyer and bedrooms.
– Foyer with piano and 9’ ceilings throughout.
– Gravel Parking lot for up to 7 vehicles.
– 11 mins to Gulf Shore provincial park and beach.
– 10 mins to Northumberland Links Golf course – rated #3 in Nova Scotia.
– 7 mins to renowned Fox Harb’r Resort – gated golf course community.
– 9 mins to Jost Winery and vineyards (which attracts tens of ‘000’s visitors each year)
– 1 km to post office and local village.
– 1 km to lobster pound
– 15 mins to either Pugwash or Tatamagouche Hospitals.
Approximate Map Location*
13769 Hwy 6, Wallace, Nova Scotia, Canada B0K 1Y0
* Each seller is responsible for ensuring that their map location is accurate. Please contact the seller directly if you have any questions.
Location - Click to Expand
- Address: 13769 Hwy 6
- City: Wallace
- Province/State: Nova Scotia
- Postal/Zip Code: B0K 1Y0
- Country: Canada
- Property Type: Waterfront Property / Acreage / Home-Based Business Potential / House
- Ad Type: For Sale
- Ownership: Freehold/Fee Simple
- Listing ID: 561394
Bathroom Types - Click to Expand
- Bathroom 1: 4pc Ensuite Bath
- Bathroom 2: 4pc Ensuite Bath
- Bathroom 3: 3pc Bathroom
- Bathroom 4: 3pc Bathroom
- Bathroom 5: 3pc Bathroom
- Bathroom 6: 2pc Bathroom
FEATURED SERVICES CANADA
Want to be featured here? Find out how.
Start building equity in your dream home today.Rent to Own with Dreamwest Today! learn more
Wilden Real Estate
Nature Inspired Kelowna Real EstateKelowna Real Estate Developer learn more
New Era Homes
A proudly owned family operated business for over 25 years!We strive to deliver the best in design learn more
CIBC Mortgage Services
Main Funding Locations: Vancouver & Lower Mainland NorthwestAll Things Mortgage! learn more
Carson Dunlop - D’Andrea Team
Serving London & It's Surrounding Communities! Call 519-339-0675Premier Home Inspections in London learn more
Virtual Tour Calgary Photography
RMS starting at $149, 360 Virtual Tours - Floor Plans - Virtual Staging - DroneCalgary's Best Real Estate Photography learn more
RMS MEASUREMENTS, FLOOR PLANS, PHOTOGRAPHY, & 3D VIRTUAL TOURSRMS, Photos & 3D Virtual Tours learn more
Saw Custom Homes
Make Your Move to Nature With Village Estates.Viallage Estates Selling Now! learn more
Cougar Creek Custom Homes
We Build Every Home as Though it Were Our Own!Crafted With Meticulous Attention learn more
Pro Property Services
Welcome to Pro Property Services! Keeping Your Yards & Exteriors Beautiful.Professional Property Maintenance learn more